The Department of Production Engineering & Management of Democritus University of Thrace has undertaken several research projects and studies in various topics and scientific disciplines since its establishment in 2000.
Indicatively, some projects are listed below:
- Increase of competiveness through the creation of enterprise networks with the utilization of information technology, 240 000 €, ΥΠ.Ε.Π.Θ (INTERREG IIIA/PHARE CBC (Greece-Bulgaria),01.01.2006 – 30.09.08
The Department of Production Engineering & Management of Democritus University of Thrace has collaborated in several projects of local interest and more specifically has already launched a project with the Municipality of Kavala for the calculation of the municipality carbon footprint.
- Communication and new technologies, 143.000 €, Region of Eastern Macedonia-Thrace (INTERREG IIIC/ZONE SUD), 07.06.2005 – 30.09.2007
- Improvement of the direct risk management through safe mobile mechanotronic support for bomb deactivation, 263.000 €, European Union – Information Society Technologies (IST), 01.11.2004-31.10.2008
- Independent and cooperating suspended robots operating in everyday environment, 387.000€, European Union, 01.01.2007 – 31.12.2009
- Finding robots connected with network technology and equipped with vision and chemical analysis sensors, 268.000€, European Union , 01.12.2006 -30.11.2009
- Innovative and new applications for first aid providers, 195.000€, European Union (Seventh Framework Programme-FP7), 01.04.2009 -31.03.2011